Monday, November 1, 2010

what are you trying to say?

I dreamed last night that I met a guy named Nathan Scott on Facebook. We talked quite a bit for a week, after which he proposed to me. He was cute, with blond hair and light eyes, average height.
I accepted, due in some part to pressures from my family and somewhat to the fact that; wow I'm old, all of 20, I may never get this offer again.
The next day was the wedding. A makeup artist and my dress assistant were coming over that morning to help me get ready. I ate breakfast and considered how eating it would probably make me look fat in my wedding dress. I went and sat at a table in our front room and waited for them. The makeup artist came and she was talking to me about nothing in particular while we waited for the dress assistant. I realized suddenly that I had forgotten my soon to be husband's name. Scott somebody...
I felt very tired and depressed. Then I decided I didn't want to marry him after all. I told my mother and she didn't comment, only left the room, I suppose to tell the others.
I got up and went outside. The sun was shining brightly and the trees and grass and sky all made for a relaxing walk.
I walked to Nathan Scott's house. I remembered his name now. I went in by the back and sat down on an outdoor couch that was sitting facing into the house. All of Nathan Scott's family, including him, were running around getting ready for the reception after the wedding. Several random little boys stood to my left, playing with things they shouldn't have been playing with. In the warm sunlight, I couldn't do anything but calmly watch as Nathan Scott's cell phone rang. He picked it up, standing a few feet away from me, not seeing me, listening to someone's voice.
"She told YOU?" He asked into the phone. Then his eyes came up and he saw me sitting there.

No comments: